Friday 29 May 2020
Welcome to our first Primary Locums newsletter, we hope it is a helpful and enjoyable read on this Friday afternoon.
Recent times have been challenging and we have all adapted to a new way of working and so we thought it would be beneficial to share some information with yourselves. We would love it if you followed us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn too, we are always posting relevant articles and information that we come across.
Practice Manager Survey Results
An insight into the initial COVID-19 effect on Practice Workforce & Staffing Levels click here for top line results
These have been temporarily paused routine inspections, an Emergency Support framework has been put in place click on the link belowhttps://www.cqc.org.uk/guidance-providers/how-we-inspect-regulate/emergency-support-framework-what-expect
Staff Burnout & Stress Related Anxiety & Depression
COVID 19 has had an impact on us all, be that our physical or mental health. As Practice Managers we know that your workload increased hugely at the outset and we suspect that you were also required to deal with the anxieties of others within your team, we hope that you remember to look after yourselves too. There has been quite a lot of research and coverage of the burnout and stress of GPs, Nurses and other clinical staff, if you need any extra help for you or other members of your team, here are a couple of links below:
- Nearly half of GP’s have reported suffering from work-related anxiety, burnout and depression, with a third saying this has worsened during COVID – have you noticed your staff need a break? https://www.gponline.com/increasing-numbers-gps-suffering-burnout-depression-during-covid-19-outbreak/article/1683827
Risk Assessments & Home Working
- Advice for home working – This article provides helpful advice and guidance Enabling and supporting staff to work from home. https://practicebusiness.co.uk/enabling-and-supporting-staff-to-work-from-home/
- Primary Locums Home working experiences
- NHS Employers have posted some guidance on how to improve your risk assessments for those in your workforce at risk or vulnerable – see the full article here: https://www.nhsemployers.org/covid19/health-safety-and-wellbeing/risk-assessments-for-staff
- NHS England have suggested GP practices should soon resume routine work, but only if it can be done ‘safely’. https://managementinpractice.com/covid-19/resuming-routine-appointments-is-necessary-but-gp-practices-need-freedom-to-decide-when-and-how/
- We are here to help with extra cover if you need it, be that GP locum, ANP, Independent Pharmacy Prescriber, Practice Nurse, HCA or admin
- Recruitment services – if you need help with recruitment for permanent staff please let Louise know email@example.com as now is a good time to fill that salaried/partner post.
- There is a wide range of offers that you as an NHS worker can take advantage of, if you haven’t see the list already just click on the link, from chocolate, parking to supermarkets https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/nhs-staff-offers/
- We thought you might enjoy watching the Geordie Anthem that the Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of clapping for carers last night
- Have you used our services recently? If so you can leave a review: https://practiceindex.co.uk/gp/primary-locums or on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/primarylocumsNE/
Thank you for reading – let us know if this has been helpful!